Production & Processing
The model showcases innovations in genetics, horticultural technology and mechanisation to reduce labour use, improve labour efficiency, reduce cost of production and increase yield 16-fold and reduce cost of production by 50%.
Fermentation & Processing
To keep the T & T cocoa industry in the forefront in the face of emerging competition in the fine/flavour sector, CRC has developed technologies in fermentation and drying specific to cocoa genetic groups, which will optimise their flavour potentials.
We have also developed a pioneering small-scale fermentation and drying technology to support estate origin branding opportunities. We are working on developing varietal specific brands; which is totally new for the industry, by optimising the fermentation and drying for each variety.
Twelve (12) knowledge services have been developed positioning IFCIC as T & T's portal to provide knowledge services to the world.
CRC offers a variety of services to clients including DNA fingerprinting services, germplasm services, disease screening services, start-up support services, quality management services, quality certification services, propagation services. Once IFCIC is established CRC could offer services to convert cocoa beans to cocoa liquor or couverture and fermentation and drying services. CRC also offers customized consultancies to clients for bean to bar operations.
Quality Management Services
- Cadmium mitigation support service
- Cocoa Liquor and Coverture
- CRC Commercial
- CRC Consultancies
- Disease screening services
- DNA fingerprinting, data curation and analysis service
- Food safety Certification
- Genebank tour and IFCIC bean-to-bar tour
- Geographical Indication Toolkit
- Germplasm services
- Maintenance Support Service
- Marketing support
- Molecular marker service
- Propagation services
- Quality certification services
- Soil testing and soil fertility service
- Spirit of Chocolate and other finished products
- Start-up support Service